Below is a list of all the available discounts and exemptions.
To qualify for a discount or exemption, you will need to meet certain criteria, which you can find out by selecting the relevant category:
- care workers or carers
- diplomats and visiting forces
- empty properties
- nursing or care home patients
- imprisoned or detained people
- members of a religious community
- parents in receipt of child benefit
- people with physical disabilities
- school or college leavers
- severely mentally impaired (e.g Alzheimers)
- sole adult occupiers (single person discount)
- students / student nurses
- youth trainees or apprentices
- occupation of the property is prohibited by law
- property is repossessed
- all occupants are under 18
- 18/19 year olds in full-time education
- Student halls of residence - none currently in Harrow
- Unoccupied caravan / mooring pitch - none currently in Harrow
If you are on a low income you can also find out if you can qualify for council tax support.
If we know that your exemption or discount is due to end, we will send you a bill near to the time informing you of the new amount to pay. If your circumstances change, it is likely that your exemption will also be subject to change. Please inform us of any changes in your circumstances using the evidence form.