Council tax discount for diplomats and Visiting Forces
You will not be counted for council tax if you are a:
- member of a visiting Armed Force
- member (or dependant of a member) of certain International Headquarters and Defence Organisations
If another adult lives in your property who pays council tax they may qualify for a discount.
To apply for the discount you will need to:
- Download and complete the application form.
- Scan the completed refund form using either a scanner or taking a picture of it using your mobile phone.
- Send the scanned/pictured image to your computer eg by email or text.
- Attach the image to the evidence upload form and answer all the questions on it.
You will need to provide the following documents to support your application:
- A letter from bureau or a certificate issued under Section 11 of the Visiting Forces Act 1952.
- TX19 from Foreign and Commonwealth Office for Diplomats