Contact Harrow Council

Contacting us by telephone

Please note that our telephone lines are only available for certain services. Moreover some everyday council services are only accessible online. This includes

  • Waste & Recycling
  • Parking
  • School Admissions
  • Planning

Over 95% of our contacts with residents are now digital. We continue to invest in smarter online services that are convenient, efficient and cost-effective. Simultaneously, we provide assistance to those unable to contact us online.

Emergency contact numbers

These numbers are for genuine emergencies, and when there is an immediate threat to health or safety:

  • Child protection: 020 8901 2690
  • Children's Access Team: 020 8901 2690
  • Homelessness Prevention Team: 020 8424 1093
  • The emergency duty social worker: 020 8424 0999
  • Safeguarding officer: 020 8420 9453
  • Flooding, environmental and street hazards (out of hours): 020 8863 5611
  • Call the Police on 999 for emergencies only or 101 for non-emergencies.

Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing Benefits

  • 020 8901 2610 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)

Contact us online

The quickest way to get in touch is by completing one of our online forms on the website. You may find the answer to your enquiry by viewing the top reasons residents contact us below.

For those services where it is necessary to contact us by email or phone, we provide contact details on their web pages.


Bins, Waste and Recycling

  • I have not received my Garden Waste reference number: after you sign up to Garden Waste your SR reference number will be emailed to you. Please note it may take up to 24 hours.
  • I have been charged for duplicate Garden Waste payments: request a refund by completing our Garden Waste enquiry form
  • I want to follow up a missed bin report: complete our follow-up form
  • I want to follow up a new bin or food waste bio bag order: complete our follow-up form
  • I want to book a slot at the Harrow recycling centre: complete our booking form

Council Tax

Parking and permits


School Admissions

MyHarrow Account

Submitting a report

  • I want to report an issue I have seen on the street such as a fly tip: see our Streets section
  • I want to make a pest control enquiry: see our Pest Control page

Making an application

Visiting us in person

For those who need assistance in person