Council Tax Discounts and the Homes for Ukraine Scheme

If you are providing accommodation to someone that is living in the UK under the Homes for Ukraine (HFU) Sponsorship scheme and you currently receive a Council Tax discount or exemption, your discount or exemption will generally remain unaffected. 

If you are responsible for paying Council Tax and are being sponsored under the HFU scheme, a 50 per cent Council Tax discount will apply where all of the following criteria are met:

Apply for a discount

To apply for a discount:

  • Download and complete the Application Form
  • Scan the completed application form using either a scanner or taking a picture of it using your mobile phone.
  • Send the completed form and proof of sponsorship under the Homes for Ukraine scheme using the Evidence Upload form