Exemption for unoccupied annexes
An unoccupied annex qualifies for an exemption if it:
- forms part of a single property or within the grounds of your home and
- can't be let separately from the main house without breaking a planning restriction
- You will need to provide proof that the annex is empty.
- After we have processed your application, we will contact you to arrange an inspection.
Apply for an unoccupied annex exemption
To apply you will need to:
- Scan your supporting documents using either a scanner or taking a picture of it using your mobile phone.
- Attach the image and answer all the questions on the evidence form.