Council Tax discount for 18 - 19 year olds

A young adult will be disregarded for Council Tax, if they:

  • are 18 or 19 years old, and
  • are in full-time education (up to A level standard), or
  • have just left school


To apply you will need to:

  1. provide evidence from your school or college to prove you're in full-time education
  2. scan the evidence using either a scanner or taking a picture using your mobile phone.
  3. send the scanned/pictured image to your computer eg by email or text
  4. Upload the document and answer the questions on the evidence form