Under 18 year olds exemption

A property occupied only by people under the age of 18 is exempt from council tax.  The exemption is valid until the first person turns 18.


To apply you will need to:

  1. Scan your supporting documents using either a scanner or taking a picture of it using your mobile phone.
  2. Send the scanned document to your computer eg by email or text.
  3. Attach the document and answer all the questions on the evidence form.

Supporting documents

You will need to provide:

  • your tenancy agreement
  • a copy of your birth certificate or passport for all occupants