Cancel a discount or exemption
To cancel a discount or exemption you will need to write a letter stating the following information:
- the date you would like the discount or exemption to end and the reason
- the name of the person moving into the property and your relationship to them - if cancelling a single person discount
- your council tax reference number
The letter can be submitted online by following the instructions below:
- Scan your supporting documents using either a scanner or taking a picture of it using your mobile phone.
- Send the scanned/pictured image to your computer eg by email or text.
- Attach the image and answer all the questions on the evidence form.
To confirm if a new bill has been issued or to check the status of your request please check your MyHarrow Account.
You can request for a discount or exemption to be cancelled in advance - a bill will be issued 14 days before the discount or exemption is due to end. It can also be cancelled to a date as far back as you choose.