Council Tax Support is a reduction for council tax payers with a low income.
You will not be entitled to Council Tax Support if:
- you have capital amount over £16,000 (savings and investments)
- you are a full-time student. If you have a partner who is not a student, your partner may be able to submit a claim.
Before you apply, you can find out if you are likely to qualify using the Benefits calculator.
How to apply for Council Tax Support
- You must apply for Council Tax Support through your MyHarrow Account.
- If you do not already have a MyHarrow Account, you will need to register before you can access the application form.
- If you already have an account, log in using the link below to begin your application.
- The person claiming Council Tax Support must complete the form themselves. If you are applying on behalf of someone else you must have Power of Attorney (proof will be required)
- You can save your progress by clicking on the 'Save' button in the top right. When you next log in to your account, you can access the saved form on the 'My Activity' tab.
When we have received your completed application, you will receive an email telling you what documents you need to provide. For further information see our guidance for Providing documents for Council Tax Support.
Do check your junk and spam folders for the email.
European Union (EU) nationals and the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
If you are an EU national who has been resident in the UK since before 1st January 2021, you will need to prove your status to qualify. This adheres to the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS). For information see the EU Settlement Scheme.
Backdating your claim
For information on backdating your claim, see Backdating your benefit.
How we will share your information
We will use the information you provide when you apply for Housing Benefit to process your application. We will also use the information you provide for other purposes. For further detail please download our privacy notice.