Complaints and compliments

We welcome feedback about our services because your comments can help us to improve them.

Submitting a complaint 

A complaint can be submitted if you are not happy with the quality of service you have received.

A complaint can be raised about council services, our actions, lack of actions, or the standard of our work, provided directly by the council or by one of our contractors.

For information about our customer service standards, see our customer service standards page.

What the complaints procedure does not cover

We cannot respond to all complaints but if we are unable to investigate your complaint, we will let you know and advise you what the correct process is.

Examples of the sorts of issues not covered by our corporate complaints procedure include:

  • day to day service requests or reporting faults (for example a faulty street light)
  • where an  appeals procedure exists to deal with the issue, such as an appeal concerning a parking ticket, a planning application or a Housing benefit decision
  • formal complaints about the service, or a lack of service, provided by the Adult's or Children's services departments, for which there are statutory complaints procedures
  • where the council has no power or duty to provide service 
  • complaints about councillors 
  • complaints about schools

For an overview of complaining and providing the council with feedback, you can also view our:

Giving a compliment

You may want to congratulate us or an individual officer for a job well done or service provided. If you wish, we'll thank you for taking an interest in our staff and services within 10 working days of receiving it.

We'll also pass on your compliments to the relevant service area and encourage others to follow similar ways of working. 

Submit a complaint or give a compliment

To submit a complaint or to give a compliment, select a service you want to talk to us about from the list below:

Select a service
  • Access Harrow
  • Adult Social services
  • Bins, waste and recycling
  • Business rates
  • Children's social services
  • Concessionary Travel
  • Council Tax
  • Environmental health
  • Housing benefits
  • Housing services
  • Leisure services
  • Libraries
  • Parking fines
  • Parking permits
  • Parks, trees or verges
  • Planning
  • Schools and education
  • Street cleaning
  • Street lighting
  • Traffic management
  • Website issues

Complaints about councillors

To make a complaint about a councillor, you should complain directly to the Standards Committee of Harrow Council. Read more about councillor complaints.

Motor accident claims

If you have suffered damage to your vehicle and/or a personal injury for which you believe the council is responsible then you have the right to make a claim against Harrow Council.

For more information visit our motor accident claims page.

Make a motor accident claim

Personal injury and damage to property claims

If you have suffered a personal injury and/or damage to your property for which you believe the council is responsible then you have the right to make a claim against the council.

For more information visit our personal injury claims page.

Make a personal injury / damage to property claim