Our commitment to residents
We are committed to putting our residents and customers first. We do this by delivering fair and easily accessible services that resolve your issues and answer your questions. This commitment will be seen across all channels and services delivered by the council.
Council-wide Customer Service Commitments
- When you contact us by phone, we aim to resolve your query. We will do our best to answer your call as quickly as possible. During peak times we'll let you know your position in the queue and offer alternative ways to resolve your query.
- The officer or customer service advisor you speak to will be courteous, polite and professional. They will do their best to resolve your matter during the call.
- Where we are unable to resolve your issue the first time, we will let you know how it will be handled and who it has been passed on to.
- If you leave us a voicemail message, we will aim reply within one working day.
Email & website
- When you email us or submit a form online, you will receive an automated reply to confirm we have received your query.
- We aim to respond to your email or online form within 5 working days.
- Depending on the issue, it may take longer to resolve, if it requires investigation with other areas. In such instances, you kept up to date accordingly.
- We will keep the website up to date. When we are undertaking routine maintenance or if there are issues we will keep you informed.
- If you visit us we aim to see you within 15 minutes of your arrival. If this is not possible, we will apologise and explain why.
- For an appointment, we will aim to see you within 5 minutes of the appointment time. If this is not possible, we will apologise and explain why we will be late. We will endeavour to let you know within 1 working day if we need to change the time of the appointment.
- If we need to visit you we will:
- carry clear documentation that identifies us as council employees or contractors
- aim to arrive within 15 minutes of any pre-arranged appointment
- inform you within 1 working day if we need to change the time or date of our visit