Tell us about a change in your circumstances

If you receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support you will need to let us know when there is a change to your household or personal circumstances.

To report a change you will need to:

  1. log in to your MyHarrow Account
  2. link your claim to your account, if you haven't done so already. If you need help to link your claim, follow the steps on the MyHarrow Account page.

Report a change

When to tell us about a change

You will need to tell us about a change within one month of the date of the change.

If you report the change later than this, you will only receive the increase in your entitlement, the Monday after you reported the change.

Circumstances where you will need to move onto Universal Credit

Some changes to your personal circumstances or household will mean you will no longer be eligible for Housing Benefit. As a result you will have to be transferred to Universal Credit. Find out what changes will mean you will have to transfer to Universal Credit.

If you are transferred to Universal Credit and need financial support to help you to pay your council tax, you will need to apply for Council Tax Support. Universal Credit does not cover the costs for council tax. Find out more about Universal Credit.

How we will share your information
We will use the information you provide when you apply for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or Emergency Relief to process your application. We will also use the information you provide for other purposes. For further detail please download our privacy notice.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Office

Civic Centre