Please note that our telephone lines are only available for certain services and a number of everyday council services are only accessible online, including Waste & Recycling, Parking, School Admissions and Planning. The most common reasons for contact are accessible below.
Help to access these online services is available at the Civic Centre reception during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm).
Over 95% of our contacts with residents are now digital. We will continue to invest in smarter online services that are convenient, efficient and cost-effective, whilst also providing assistance to those unable to contact us online.
The quickest way to get in touch is by completing one of our online forms on the website.
You may find the answer to your enquiry by viewing our online forms and pages in the top reasons for contact.
Where it is necessary to contact a service by email or telephone, we have provided the contact details on the relevant webpage.
Emergency contact numbers
You can call the numbers below in cases of a genuine emergency and when there is an immediate threat to health or safety:
- Child protection: 020 8901 2690
- Children's Access Team: 020 8901 2690
- The emergency duty social worker: 020 8424 0999
- Safeguarding officer: 020 8420 9453
- Environmental and street hazards (out of hours): 020 8863 5611
- Call the Police on 999 for emergencies only or 101 for non-emergencies.
- I want to report a change to a benefit entitlement - see our Report a change page.
Bins, Waste and Recycling
- I want to report a missed bin collection - find out if you are eligible on our missed bin collection page.
- I want to follow up a new bin or food waste bio bag order - complete our follow-up form.
- I want to book a slot at the Harrow recycling centre - complete our booking form.
- I want to register for Council Tax - see our Register for Council Tax page.
- I want to dispute a Council Tax decision - see our Council Tax disputes and appeal page.
- I want to ask a general question about Council Tax - see our Council Tax enquiry form.
- I want to report a death to the Council Tax Service - see our managing someone's Council Tax when they die page.
Parking and permits
- I want to pay or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) - enter your registration number on our Parking and Permits page
- I want to apply for or renew my parking permit - see our Residents Parking Permits page
- I want to apply, view or comment on planning applications - see our Planning and Developments page
- I want to apply for a school place - see our Schools and Learning page
- I want to view my child's position on the school waiting list - see the instructions on our School Waiting List page
- I need support with MyHarrow Account - see our MyHarrow Account page.
Submitting a report
- I want to report an issue I have seen on the street such as a fly tip - see our Streets section.
- I want to report a missed bin collection - enter your address on our Bins, Waste and Recycling section.
- I want to make a pest control enquiry - see our Pest Control page.
Making an application
- I want to apply for the Household Support Fund - see our Household Support Fund page.