Contact Harrow Council

Contacting us by telephone

Please note that our telephone lines are only available for certain services and a number of everyday council services are only accessible online, including Waste & Recycling, Parking, School Admissions and Planning. The most common reasons for contact are accessible below.

Over 95% of our contacts with residents are now digital. We will continue to invest in smarter online services that are convenient, efficient and cost-effective, whilst also providing assistance to those unable to contact us online.

Emergency contact numbers

You can call the numbers below in cases of a genuine emergency and when there is an immediate threat to health or safety:

  • Child protection: 020 8901 2690
  • Children's Access Team: 020 8901 2690
  • Homelessness Prevention Team: 020 8424 1093
  • The emergency duty social worker: 020 8424 0999
  • Safeguarding officer: 020 8420 9453
  • Flooding, environmental and street hazards (out of hours): 020 8863 5611
  • Call the Police on 999 for emergencies only or 101 for non-emergencies.

Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing Benefits

  • 020 8901 2610 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)

Contact us online

The quickest way to get in touch is by completing one of our online forms on the website. You may find the answer to your enquiry by viewing the top reasons residents contact us below.

Where it is necessary to contact a service by email or telephone, we have provided the contact details on the relevant webpage.

  • Benefits

- I want to report a change to a benefit entitlement - see our Report a change page.

  • Bins, Waste and Recycling

- I have not received my Garden Waste reference number - after you sign up to Garden Waste your SR reference number will be emailed to you. Please note it may take up to 24 hours.

- I have been charged for duplicate Garden Waste payments - request a refund by completing our Garden Waste enquiry form.

- I want to follow up a missed bin report  - complete our follow-up form.

- I want to follow up a new bin or food waste bio bag order - complete our follow-up form.

- I want to book a slot at the Harrow recycling centre - complete our booking form.

  • Council Tax

- I want to register for Council Tax - see our Register for Council Tax page.

- I want to dispute a Council Tax decision - see our Council Tax disputes and appeal page.

- I want to report a death to the Council Tax Service - see our managing someone's Council Tax when they die page.

  • Parking and permits

- I want to pay or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) - enter your registration number on our Parking and Permits page

- I want to apply for or renew my parking permit - see our Residents Parking Permits page

  • Planning

- I want to apply, view or comment on planning applications - see our Planning and Developments page

  • School Admissions

- I want to apply for a school place - see our Schools and Learning page

- I want to view my child's position on the school waiting list - see the instructions on our School Waiting List page

  • MyHarrow Account

- I need support with MyHarrow Account - see our MyHarrow Account page.

  • Submitting a report

- I want to report an issue I have seen on the street such as a fly tip - see our Streets section.

- I want to make a pest control enquiry - see our Pest Control page.

  • Making an application

- I want to apply for the Household Support Fund - see our Household Support Fund page.

Visiting us in person

For those who need assistance in person:

  • For information about what our self-service team can help you with at Greenhill Library, see Greenhill Library assistance.
  • Get help with complex and urgent enquiries for housing and social care at The Gayton Road centre.
  • Get help with notice of marriage or civil partnership, Birth or death registrations and citizenship ceremonies at The Pavilion.