Estate improvements and inspections
Our aim is to improve the quality of life for our residents by making our estates cleaner, greener and safer places to live.
We manage Minor Estate Improvement (MEI) projects which are used to improve estates or to reduce crime. Estate inspections are a good opportunity to discuss these projects with officers, Councillors and residents. For details of when the inspections are due to take place, see Estate inspections programme 2021-22.
Once a list of projects has been identified these are normally passed by the Harrow Federation of Tenants’ and Residents’ Association (HFTRA) for approval.
Below is a list of previous projects we have worked on:
- Communal area lighting
- Security/safety fencing
- Pathways for pedestrian access
- Handrails and ramps for mobility access
- Creation of recycling bin areas
- Gates to improve pedestrian and vehicular access
- Community Noticeboards
- Defensive planting schemes
- Improvements to play areas
- Barrier gates to control unauthorised vehicular access
- Community Hall improvements