Visitor Parking Permit conditions of use
Visitor permits are only issued for genuine visitors of the address shown on the application form.
- is only valid in designated resident permits bays, or where signage states Beyond This Point, and in the zone for which they are issued.
- is valid for times of restriction as detailed on signs.
- is not transferable or valid for resale
- cannot be used on vehicles exceeding any of the following:
- 2.08 metres in height
- 5.50 metres in length
- 5 tonnes in weight
Visitor permits cannot be issued if:
- you live in a Permit Restricted Property (see above)
- you don't live within the boundaries of a CPZ
- you are applying for a business premises
- you have 3 or more unpaid PCNs outstanding
The issue of a Visitor Permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. Restrictions apply on all Bank and public holidays except Christmas Day.
Validating a Visitor Parking Permit
For all controlled parking zones except zone HB, a permit is validated by scratching off the day and month. The Visitor Parking Permit will be invalid if the day or month is not scratched off or more than one day or month is scratched off.
- For zone HB you must scratch out either the day or night time box at the top.
- For a day visit the permit is validated by scratching out the day and the month.
- For an overnight visit both days must be scratched out and where applicable both months (e.g. 28 Feb & 01 Mar)
Additional parking permits
Occasionally more than 10 visitor permit books may be acquired. Examples of this include a proposed funeral, or a one-off event which exceeds the remaining allocation of visitor permits allowed in that 12-month period.
Permit restricted properties
Some addresses are not eligible for Visitor Parking Permits. This can be due to conditions that were set when the planning permission was approved for the property. This applies to developments that are 'car free' or have good access to public transport. Blue Badge holders might still be eligible despite this.
Refunds are only given on multiples of 10 unused visitor permits.