Visitor Parking Permit conditions of use
Visitor Permits are issued only for use by bona fide visitors to the address shown on the application form for which they are issued.
- can only be used in designated resident permits bays (or areas where signage states Beyond This Point) within the London Borough of Harrow and in the zone for which they are issued.
- is valid for times of restriction/s as detailed on signs.
- is not transferable or valid for resale
- cannot be used on vehicles exceeding any of the following:
- 2.08 metres in height
- and/or 5.50 metres in length
- or 5 tonnes in weight
Visitor Permits cannot be issued if:
- you live in a Permit Restricted Property (see above)
- you don't live within the boundaries of a CPZ
- you are applying for a business premises
- There are 3 or more unpaid PCNs outstanding
The issue of a Visitor Permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. Restrictions Apply on all Bank and public holidays except Christmas Day.
Refunds are only given on multiples of 10 unused Visitor Permits.
Permit Restricted Properties
Some addresses are not eligible for visitor parking permits due to conditions applied when planning permission was approved for the development of certain properties.
This applies to developments that are 'car free' or have good access to public transport. Blue Badge holders may still be able to apply for parking permits in these conditions.
Validating a Visitor Parking Permit
For all controlled parking zones except zone HB, a permit is validated by scratching off the day and month. The Visitor Parking Permit will be invalid if the day or month is not scratched off or more than one day or month is scratched off.
- For zone HB you must scratch out either the day or night time box at the top.
- For a day visit the permit is validated by scratching out the day and the month.
- For an overnight visit both days must be scratched out and where applicable both months (eg 28 Feb & 01 Mar)