Blue Badges

Apply for or renew a Blue Badge

Blue Badges are for people with disabilities. A Blue Badge will help you to park close to your destination, either as a passenger or driver. The badge is intended for on-street parking only. A fee of £10 is payable for issuing the blue badge. Your fee will be refunded if your application is not successful.

Find out if you are eligible and apply using the link below.

Before you apply

To save time please have these forms of evidence ready as you will need to upload them:

  • proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, passport or driving licence)
  • proof of address (such as a Council Tax bill or government letter)
  • proof of benefits (if you get any, please provide the full letter showing length of entitlement and points)
  • all supporting medical evidence (Do not sent appointment letters. Letters showing the outcomes of appointments/consultations are acceptable)
  • Photos must be uploaded separately


Applications take up to 12 weeks to process

It may take 30 to 40 minutes to complete the form. However, there is the option of saving it, so that you can take a break. 

If you do not have all of the relevant documents you will not be able to submit the form.

Apply for or renew a Blue Badge

Easy ReadPaper application forms

Paper application forms can be printed and completed by hand by people who are unable to use online forms.

The link to the paper version is below, but please read the guidance notes and policy statement first:

There are 2 versions of paper forms; the standard form and an Easy Read version for people who have difficulty reading.

Returning a Blue Badge

You must return the badge to the council if:

  • the badge has expired
  • your medical condition or mobility improves and you are no longer eligible
  • a badge has been reported lost or stolen, a replacement has been issued, and then the original is found. In this case the original badge must be returned.
  • the badge becomes damaged or faded and is illegible
  • the badge is no longer required, for example if you're confined to the house

Please also note that the badge should be returned to the council on the death of the badge holder. If you continue to display the badge when you no longer need it you may be fined up to £1000.

Please send us the badge and explain the reason for its return, to the Concessionary Travel Team. Their address is at the bottom of this page.

Amend a Blue Badge

  • If the name on your badge needs changing, email us your marriage certificate or deed poll document
  • If there is a spelling mistake, email us confirming the correct spelling

Our email address is

What to do if a Blue Badge holder has died

You can report the death of a Blue Badge holder using the government's Tell Us Once Service

The Blue Badge can then be returned by post to:

Harrow Council
Concessionary Travel Team 
PO BOX 1358

Cancel a Blue Badge

If you are cancelling a badge because the holder has died, you can report this through the government's Tell Us Once Service.

To cancel a blue badge for any other reason please return it by post to:

Harrow Council
Concessionary Travel Team 
PO BOX 1358

How we will use and share your information

When you apply for any of the following, we use your information to process your application: 

  • Blue Badge
  • Freedom Pass
  • Taxi Card

We also use your information for other purposes. For further details please download our privacy notice for concessionary travel.

Blue Badge fraud

Blue Badge fraud can be reported to Harrow's Anti Fraud Team