Providing documents for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Providing proof of other income

You will need to provide documents about all the income you, your partner or any non dependants receive. This includes private pensions or annuities.

The following documents are acceptable:

  • If you are receiving a private pension from a previous employer or insurance company, you will need to provide a payment slip showing the details.
  • If the pension is paid directly into your bank account, please provide a bank statement with the figures highlighted.
  • If you receive maintenance, you will need to provide a letter from the court or the payee to show how much you are getting and how often it is paid.