Providing proof of earned and self-employed income
You will need to provide proof of the jobs you, your partner and any non-dependants have held.
The following documents are acceptable to provide proof of earned income:
- If you are paid every week, we will need to see your last five payslips
- If you are paid every two weeks, we will need to see your last three payslips
- If you are paid every month, we will need to see your last two payslips
If you have just started work we will accept:
- your contract of employment,
- or ask your employer to complete the employer’s payform (until your wage slips are available)
If you or your partner is self-employed, we need to see the accounts for the last financial year. If you have been trading for less than six months, please provide a summary of your trading records so far.
If you do not have accounts, you will have to complete a self-employed form.