Providing documents for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Providing proof of child maintenance

You will need to provide proof of all child maintenance you or your partner receive.

The following documents are acceptable:

  • letters from the child support agency
  • bank statements
  • signed statement from the non-resident parent

The evidence provided must show the following information:

  • the amount that is paid
  • how often it is paid
  • which child it is being paid for