Proof of earned and self-employed income
You will need to provide proof of all jobs held by you, your partner and any non-dependants.
A non-dependant is someone aged 18 years or more who lives with you as part of the family. Non-dependants are usually adult children and other relatives such as an elderly parents or friends. They will not be responsible for paying your rent or council tax. You will usually get less benefit if you have a non-dependant living in your home
- If you are paid every week, we will need to see your last five payslips
- If you are paid every two weeks, we will need to see your last three payslips
- If you are paid every month, we will need to see your last two payslips
If you have just started work we will accept:
- your contract of employment,
- or ask your employer to complete the employer’s payform (until your wage slips are available)
If you or your partner is self-employed, we need to see the accounts for the last financial year. If you have been trading for less than six months provide a summary of your trading records so far. If you do not have accounts, you will have to complete a self-employed form.
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support OfficeAddress: