How to pay for parking
You can pay for parking using cash (coins) at our parking meters. After you insert the necessary amount you will get a ticket to display in your vehicle.
You can also pay for parking using any of the methods below:
Pay using PayByPhone
You can use PayByPhone to pay for parking online, on a mobile app, by telephone or by SMS text.
Paying for parking using the PayByPhone app
The PayByPhone app allows you to pay for parking on your mobile device. PayByPhone is free and parking charges vary depending on where you want to park. For more information on how to use the PayByPhone app please see the PayByPhone app page.
Paying for parking online
You can pay for parking online by following these steps:
- Login or register for an account on the PayByPhone website
- Enter the LOCATION number (will be on the parking meter) and the DURATION you wish to park for
- Entering the 3 digit CVV2 security code on the back of your payment card.
- Wait for your parking confirmation before exiting your vehicle
- You can add, change or update your account information at any time.
Paying for parking by telephone
You can pay for parking on your telephone by following these steps:
- Call 020 8039 1101 or the telephone number which will be on the closest parking meter to you
- Follow the prompts on the call to either enter your location code
- Wait for your parking confirmation by SMS before you exit your vehicle
- You can extend your parking session by calling the same telephone number you dialled in step one. PayByPhone will recognise your active parking sessions.
Paying for parking by SMS text
You can pay for parking by SMS by following these steps:
- Send a text message to 65565 with your LOCATION CODE, the DURATION you want to park for, and your 3 digit security code (CVV2) on the back of your payment card.
- Wait for your parking confirmation by SMS before you exit your vehicle.
If you use the PayByPhone "text to park" option, you will pay for the text message at your agreed operator rate. There will also be a 10p charge for the summary text message that provides the confirmation of your parking session details.
For more information please visit the PayByPhone website.
Register for PayByPhone
To register with PayByPhone you will need:
- The number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- Your payment card details
Download the PayByPhone app:
- iPhones: Apple iTunes store
- Android handsets: Google play
- Blackberry 10: Blackberry world
- Windows: Microsoft store
PayByPhone Corporate account
Companies that have employees that travel and park on business can set up a PayByPhone Corporate Account.