Harrow School Library Service provides professional library services to primary, nursery and special schools.
Our aim is to support reading and learning in school libraries through tailor-made project loans and professional advice and support to a very high standard.
We provide the best available resources so that schools can create inspirational libraries, where children develop a love of books and reading skills that will support them through their academic careers and beyond.
If your school is outside the borough of Harrow and you are interested in subscribing to the service, please contact us.
- To support the national curriculum
- Encourage literacy and reading for pleasure
- Enhance teaching and learning
- Offer practical advice and support on library related issues
Summary of services
- Project loan service - tailor made boxes upon request and delivered to your school
- Book purchasing service - select books from an exhibition collection and we manage the purchasing from you using the specialist suppliers and best discounts
- Advisory and support - help with organising and developing your school library and selecting children's literature from experienced professional librarians
- Storytelling to support your book weeks and other special events
For more information view the service level agreements for subscriptions
Harrow School Library Service Newsletter
We produce a quarterly newsletter providing a wide range of useful information, forthcoming events and School Library Service news. Please contact us for further information.