All households have a General waste bin. The General waste bin is usually a green bin but can also be grey for some households.
When is my General waste bin collected?
Our bin crews collect your General waste bin every two weeks.
You can view or download your collection schedule by entering your address on our bins page.
What can I put in the General waste bin?
- Ceramics such as broken mugs or plates
- Foil packets and wrappers such as biscuit or crisp packets
- Old textiles such as old socks and clothing
- Pet waste (must be in bags)
- Plastic bags
- Polystyrene found in boxed packaging
Need a new or extra General waste bin?
You can order an extra General waste bin if there are five or more people living in your household. You may also need an additional general waste bin for healthcare items such as incontinence pads. For more information view the order a new bin page.
Is your General waste bin broken or damaged?
You can have you bin repaired for free if the damage is to the bin's lid or pin. The pin is the small part that connects the lid to the bin. If there is damage to the body of the bin, handle or wheels you will need to order a new bin. If the bin crews damage your bin, they will report this on their system and replace the bin free of charge.
To report a bin repair, please visit our report a bin repair page.
Has your bin gone missing?
If your bin has gone missing you can order a new one. Unfortunately we will not be able to replace the bin for free. By adding your door number to your bin, it may help to prevent it from going missing.
Do you have extra waste?
Our bin crews will not collect any waste which is not inside your bin. For example, black bags or broken down boxes left next to your bin. Extra waste may also mean that your bin is not collected.
- Extra waste can be taken to the Harrow Recycling Centre in Wealdstone.
- For bulky items you can find out about our Bulky waste collection service.
How to report a missed bin
You can report a missed bin online if:
- it is after 5pm on your usual bin collection day and
- it is not later than 48 hours since your usual collection day.