Unfortunately, not all bin collections are successful on bin days. We understand how frustrating it can be when your bins are not collected.
Especially during periods where volumes of waste are higher such as the holidays.
Common reasons why your bin might be missed
- bins not being placed in the correct location on bin day
- the wrong waste being put in the wrong bin type (contamination)
- the wrong bins being put out on the wrong day
- excessive waste in or around your bin
- roadworks causing obstruction to your street or property
For advice about how to prevent these from happening, see our bin collections page.
When you can report a missed bin
You can report a missed bin online if it is after 5pm on your usual bin collection day and it is not later than 48 hours since your usual collection day.
How to report a missed bin
- Enter your address on our Bins, Waste and Recycling page.
- Select the bin type that you want to report, then from the list of options select; 'tell us if this bin was not collected.'
- Complete the online form which will add your collection to our bin crews' schedule.
- Our bin crews will try to return to collect your missing bin(s) within 72 hours.
Please make sure your bin is placed in an accessible location, so the bin crews can collect it. You will be sent a confirmation email and reference number which you should keep for future communications.
Why can't I report a missed bin?
If you have come to this page it is likely that you may not unable to report a missed bin for one of a few reasons:
- It is not yet 5pm on your bin collection day or
- It has been more than 48 hours since your bin collection day
- Your bin was contaminated (wrong waste put in the wrong bin type)
- Your bins were not placed on the kerb
- Our crews didn't have access to your bin(s) at the time of collection
- Your bin was overloaded
- You put the wrong bin on the kerb
If your bin collection is missed, you can only report it online after 5pm of that same bin day.
You only have a 48-hour window (including the weekend) to report your missed bin collection online.
If your report is received within 48 hours, our bin crews will be back within 72 hours to collect your bin. (This includes over the weekend.)
Here is an example:
- Your usual bin collection day was Monday and your bin was not collected.
- You can report your missed bin collection online after 5pm on that same Monday but no later than 5pm on Wednesday.
- Our bin crews will be back on Friday (or before) to collect the bin you reported online.
Already reported a missed bin and want an update?
You can only report a missed bin collection once. Usually our bin crews will return within 72 hours to collect your missed bin.
Unfortunately some missed bin reports are not always successful. If this is the case, you may be able to follow up your missed bin report.
Important service information:
To follow up your missed bin report you will need your missed bin reference number. Without this reference number you will not be able to follow up a missed bin.
Your missed bin reference number would have been emailed to you when you first reported a missed bin collection
Please note that you can only follow up your request if you have first completed a missed bin report. If you are still waiting for your missed bin to be collected you can complete our follow-up a missed bin report form