Tell us you're moving home

Tell us about a change in tenants

If you are a landlord or managing agent, let us know about a change in tenancies. You can do so online.

Before you start

You will need to provide:

  • the tenancy start and end dates
  • the dates the tenants will be moving in or out
  • full names of all tenants
  • forwarding address for all tenants where applicable

Report a change of tenants

What happens next?

In most cases you will get a bill confirming the change of address. If you have a MyHarrow account you will be able to check the bill online.

If you don’t get a bill within five days, your request may need to be looked at by a member of our team.

This can happen if:

  • the date of the change is too long ago
  • the date of the change is more than 14 days in the future
  • the information given on the form doesn't match our records

You may be contacted for further information using the details you provide on the form.

If you are waiting for a closing bill, you must continue to pay until you receive it. If this results in you paying too much you can claim a refund.

Unoccupied properties

There is no discount for empty furnished or unfurnished properties in Harrow. You cannot claim a Single Person Discount for periods between tenancies without proof that it's now your sole or main residence.

Responding to a council request for information

If you have already reported a move, and have been asked to provide more information, please respond using the evidence form.