All households have a Recycling waste bin. The Recycling waste bin is blue for all households in Harrow.
When is my Recycling waste bin collected?
Our bin crews collect your Recycling waste bin every two weeks.
Your recycling waste is taken to a sorting facility where it is turned into:
- And even furniture!
You can view or download your collection schedule by entering your address on our bins page.
What can I put in the Recycling waste bin?
- Aerosols such as deodorants and air fresheners
- Clean foil
- Pots tubs and trays such as ready-meal packaging or yoghurt pots, but no black plastic trays
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic bottles
- Tins and cans
Please wash and flatten any packaging you can to save space in your bin.
What can I not put in the Recycling waste bin?
- Food Waste
- Sanitary / Nappies
- Textiles such as Old Clothes
- Wet Paper
- Wet Cardboard
- Foil Lined Cartons such as Milk Cartons or Fruit Juice
- Hard Plastics such as Toys
- Plastic Bags Clear & Coloured
- Plastic Film Clear such as Cling Film
- Scrap Metals (non-household)
- Black Plastic Waste / Sacks
- Ceramics & Pyrex
- Expanded Polystyrene
- Green Waste
- Oil / Pesticides Container
- Other Hazardous Waste
- Plastic Laminates / Waxed Paper
- Sand / Building Materials
Need a new or extra Recycling waste bin?
You can order extra Recycling waste bins if there are five or more people living in your household. When ordering an extra bin, you will need to provide proof of all residents living in your household.
For more information and to order a new bin, please visit our order a new bin page.
Has your bin gone missing?
If your bin has gone missing you will need to order a new one. Unfortunately we will not be able to replace the bin for free.
By adding your door number to your bin, it may help to prevent it from going missing.
To order a new bin visit the order a new bin page.
Is your Recycling waste bin broken or damaged?
If your bin lid or pin has been damaged you can report it to us and we’ll repair it for free. The pin is the small hinge part that connects the lid to the bin.
If there is damage to the body of the bin, handle or wheels you will need to order a new bin. If the bin crew damages your bin they will report it and replace it free of charge.
To request a bin repair, please visit our request a bin repair page.
Do you have extra waste?
Our bin crews will not collect any rubbish which is not inside your bin. For example, broken down boxes or packaging left next to your bin.
Extra waste may also mean that your bin is not collected.
- Extra waste can be taken to the Harrow Recycling Centre in Wealdstone.
- For bulky items you can find out about our Bulky waste collection service.
How to report a missed bin
You can report a missed bin online if:
- it is after 5pm on your usual bin collection day and
- it is not later than 48 hours since your usual collection day.