Request a repair on my council home

Icon information white

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

Please see our Coronavirus page for more information on how the Coronavirus is impacting Housing services for council tenants, including those looking to request repairs to their home.

View our contact list for key support services available to Harrow residents should you need to contact us.

If you are a Harrow council tenant or leaseholder you can request a repair on your home via our online form.

We will repair and maintain:

  • your home and communal areas if you are council tenant
  • the communal areas only if you are a leaseholder

Repairs Charter

The council is not responsible for all repairs, as a tenant you are expected to maintain some things for yourself. For more information view the Repairs Charter.

Request a repair

Emergency repairs 

An emergency is any defect that is an immediate danger to your safety, security, health or something that may lead to serious damage to the property.

Emergency repairs should be reported by phone - view the list of emergency repairs.

Gas leaks

If you think there is a gas leak or you can smell gas you must:

  • contact the National Grid immediately: 0800 111 999
  • turn off the gas supply at the meter
  • open all doors and windows
  • don't touch or use any electrical switches / door bells
  • don't light a match or use a cigarette lighter

Gas and heating repairs

All repairs about gas central heating, hot water and gas fires should be reported to Quality Heating.

If you need to request a repair outside of the opening times for Quality Heating please call Harrow Council on 020 8901 2630 and select option 1.

Track your repair

You can track the progress of your repair by emailing your repair contractor: Wates living space or Slade group.