If you are a council tenant or leaseholder in London Borough of Harrow you can request a home repair online.
We repair and maintain:
- your home and communal areas if you are council tenant
- the communal areas only if you are a leaseholder
We are not responsible for all repairs. As a tenant you are expected to maintain some things for yourself.
For common repair solutions and guidance you can watch our DIY repair videos.
For a full list of repairs and responsibilities you can view our Repairs Charter.
Before you start
To complete a home repair request you will need to:
- confirm the repair type (electrical, plumbing etc)
- confirm what needs fixing
- upload any photos (optional)
- confirm your contact details and availability
If you want to request a communal repair see Council estate services: Communal issues.
What happens next?
When your repair is scheduled you will receive an email with a reference number from one of our repair contractors Wates living Space or Slade group.
Track your repair
You can email your contractor with your reference number to track the progress of your repair.
Still not heard back about your repair?
If you have already requested a repair and are waiting to hear back you can submit a repairs enquiry.
An emergency repair is anything which can cause an immediate danger to your:
- something that may lead to serious damage to the property
- View a list of all emergency repairs.
Emergency repairs should not be reported online. Instead please call 020 8901 2630.
Issues that we do not repair
Some repairs are not our responsibility so you will need to fix these issues yourself.
View the issues we are not responsible for.
If you think there is a gas leak or you can smell gas you must:
- contact the National Grid immediately on: 0800 111 999
- turn off the gas supply at the meter
- open all doors and windows
- do not touch or use any electrical switches including door bells
- do not light a match or use a cigarette lighter.
Gas and heating repairs for internal individual boilers
Repairs relating to the following should be reported to Liberty Group:
- gas central heating
- hot water or
- gas fires.
You can email Liberty Group at: email@example.com.
Electrical safety inspections
We have a responsibility to meet the health and safety requirements of the home of our tenants. To book an electrical inspection see booking a home electrical safety inspection.
There are some repairs and maintenance tasks that you may be able to carry out yourself. The videos below show how to prevent mould, renew sealant and fix leaks and blockages.
Damp and Mould
If you are a council tenant you can report a damp or mould issue on our housing repair form. If you have concerns about a serious damp or mould issue you can call 020 8901 2630.
A housing advisor can discuss options for further investigation and repair. Find out more on our damp and mould page.