Homes for Ukraine

Homes for Ukraine Scheme

The Homes for Ukraine scheme was launched in March 2022. The scheme offers a way for Ukrainian refugees to find sponsors in the UK.

Sponsors register their interest for the scheme on GOV.UK. It is up to the sponsor to find a Ukrainian family or individual hoping to resettle in this country.

Councils are responsible for running checks on sponsors and the accommodation. This is to ensure they offer placements that are safe and suitable. Sponsors also have a responsibility to help the citizens adapt to life in their new home.

We are working with local agencies to make sure sponsors and citizens are well supported.

Detailed information about the Homes for Ukraine scheme

Make a donation

The government has issued General advice on donations to the people of Ukraine.

The best way to help is with a gift of cash. A cash donation can help to buy goods needed in response to the ever changing situation.

The Disasters Emergency Committee represents leading charities working together in a coordinated way. You can donate to DEC online.

Unique Community was working with Ukrainian charity Goncharenko Centre before the war. Their creative director, Tazzy Kharina, is helping them to coordinate emergency supplies.

If you choose to support a different charity, please check their credentials.

For further information visit Ukraine: what you can do to help.