This publication scheme requires Harrow Council to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities.
The scheme commits Harrow Council to
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information which is held by the council.
- produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- review and update on a regular basis the information the council makes available under this scheme.
- produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information.
Method of publication
We indicate clearly what information is covered by this scheme and how it can be obtained. Where possible we will provide the information on our website and/or web links within this document. We will help you find the information by other means when it isn't practicable to make it available on our website or if you do not wish to access it online.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. In such cases we will provide contact details and you will be able to arrange an appointment within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required.
Where we are legally required to translate any information, we will do so. We will provide such information in a form and format that adheres to the obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation.
Fees and charges
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public. Charges made by us for routinely published material will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum.
Material which is published and accessed on our website will be provided free of charge. Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by Parliament.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may be made for information provided under this scheme. This will happen providing the charges are:
- legally authorised
- are charged in all circumstances
- they are in relation to the general principles of the right of access to information held by the council
- they are justified
- they are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public
In addition, charges may also be made for making datasets (or parts of datasets) that are relevant copyright works available for re-use. These charges will be in accordance with the terms of the regulations made under section 11B of the Freedom of Information Act, of with others statutory powers of the council.
If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
Information held by us that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing. We will provide it, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. Before requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act, please take a look at the information contained in the Disclosure Log.