Freedom of information (FOI)
The following acts give rights of public access to information that is held by public authorities. They came fully into force in 2005:
- The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- the latest Environmental Information Regulations (EIR)
Full details about the FOIA and EIR can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
How can I make an FOI request?
Before considering making a request for information you might like to browse the following resources:
- Frequently requested information
- Disclosure log - responses to previous requests which we feel are of wider public interest.
- The Publication Scheme - this is a guide to information routinely published by the council. It is a description of the classes or types of information that Harrow Council publishes or makes available.