Customer Charter and Policies
Harrow building control is committed to maintaining and improving high quality standards for our clients based on:
- public accountability
Harrow building control undertakes to meet these objectives and will endeavour to:
- provide pre-application and general building control advice
- register all applications, assess the charges and acknowledge their receipt within three working days
- determine all applications within statutory periods
- confirm acceptance of Building Notices within 3 working days
- request any necessary further information as soon as apparent
- provide a full technical appraisal of 100% of Full Plans applications within 15 working days
- provide a full technical appraisal of 90% of Full Plans applications within 10 working days
- inspect the same day if requests are received before 9:00am and within 2 hours in special cases
- given reasonable notice, carry out inspections in line with the builders work programme so that delays on site are kept to a minimum
- make inspections out of normal working hours by prior arrangements
- to facilitate ease of contact, direct dial phone lines are provided together with answer phone, e-mail for 24 hours a day message and inspection requests
- up-to-date information on the scale of charges, guidance notes and application forms available on London Borough of Harrow's web-site for downloading
- determine all Initial Notices within 5 working days
- conduct customer care surveys to ensure the service offered is geared to customer
In an effort to maintain and improve our service we welcome feedback from our clients. If for any reason you feel our service is failing to reach its undertakings or if you have any comments concerning its delivery please contact the Head of Building Control, Adam Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Control Enforcement Policy
Building Control's main function is to enforce the building regulations. We will do this by informal means wherever possible.
It is the responsibility of all designers, builders and building owners to make sure they comply with the requirements set out by the building regulations and associated legislation.
Our enforcement policy relates to the Building Control Service. It sets out what our customers, being regulated by the service, can expect from us.
You can view our enforcement policy here.