Pay a Penalty Charge Notice
Our parking fines are called Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) and they are issued when a driver parks their vehicle illegally.
The fines for parking illegally in Harrow are:
- between £60 and £130 depending on the severity of the traffic violation
- reduced by 50% if paid within 14 days (or 21 days for some types of offence as stated on your PCN)
PCN penalties need to be paid but does not result in a criminal record or points on a driving licence.
We use CCTV cameras to record moving traffic and bus lane offences, such as driving in a bus lane during restricted hours or taking a banned right turn.
Pay your PCN online
- You can pay your PCN by entering your vehicle registration on our parking and permits page.
- After you enter your vehicle registration you will be able to view details of your PCN and photographs of the traffic offence before choosing to pay or challenge your PCN.
- If you have multiple PCNs you will be able to select a PCN from the list to view details of that traffic offence.
- Please note that you may have to wait up to 24 hours after receiving a PCN before you can pay it online.
Pay by telephone
You can pay via our automated telephone line on: 020 8424 1220 available 24 hours per day. Have a pen to hand to write down the receipt number.
Pay by cheque
To pay your PCN by cheque please make it payable to 'Harrow Council' and send it to:
PO BOX 951
To contact us for a refund please email your HR number, vehicle registration number and payment information to email@example.com
We will contact you by email to confirm any further details and advise on the status of your refund.
If you have paid by cheque bank details will be required.
I want to speak to someone to dispute my PCN?
Due to legislation, our parking department does not take telephone calls as all communication must be put in writing.
I have lost my PCN letter and I need to pay or challenge my PCN
You no longer need to provide a HR number to pay or challenge your PCN. Visit our Parking and permits page and enter your vehicle registration number to view your active PCN(s).
If you still require your HR number, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your vehicle registration number.
Why has the amount I need to pay doubled?
Once the PCN has been issued there is a 14-day period where the penalty remains at a discounted rate. Following this period the penalty goes up to the full charge.
Full details can be found on your PCN ticket.
CCTV footage of your traffic violation can be viewed either at our offices or we can send you the footage by post for free.
To view the footage or request for it be sent by post please send your PCN number which begins with 'HR', and your vehicle registration number to us by email.
We process PCNs according to set regulations which specify the steps we must take to recover payment of the fine.
If you receive three or more unpaid PCNs which are not subject to challenge, you will not be able to get a parking permit anywhere within the borough of Harrow.
Buying a used car?
To find out if the vehicle has an outstanding payment for a PCN issued within Harrow, enter the registration number on Parking and Permits.