Penalty Charge Notices (PCN)

Pay a Penalty Charge Notice

Our parking fines are called Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) and they are issued when a driver parks their vehicle illegally.

The fines for parking illegally in Harrow are:

  • between £60 and £130 depending on the severity of the traffic violation
  • reduced by 50% if paid within 14 days (or 21 days for some types of offence as stated on your PCN)

PCN penalties need to be paid but does not result in a criminal record or points on a driving licence.

We use CCTV cameras to record moving traffic and bus lane offences, such as driving in a bus lane during restricted hours or taking a banned right turn.

Pay your PCN online

You can pay or challenge your PCN by entering your vehicle registration and HR number on our parking and permits page.

After you enter your vehicle registration and HR number you will be able to view details of your PCN and photographs of the traffic offence before choosing to pay or challenge your PCN.

Please note that you may have to wait up to 24 hours after receiving a PCN before you can pay it online.

Pay your PCN


Your HR number can be found on your PCN letter, if you need help finding your HR number you can use our HR number finder tool.

Pay your PCN by telephone

You can pay via our automated telephone line on: 020 8424 1220 available 24 hours per day. Have a pen to hand to write down the receipt number.

Pay your PCN by cheque

To pay your PCN by cheque please make it payable to 'Harrow Council' and send it to:

Harrow Council

PO BOX 951

Civic Centre



I have lost my PCN and I need to pay or challenge my PCN

If you have lost your PCN reference number (beginning with HR), you can complete our HR number finder form.

You can also email [email protected] quoting your vehicle registration number and we will be able to locate your HR number.

Why has the amount I need to pay doubled?

Once the PCN has been issued there is a 14 day period where the penalty remains at a discounted rate. Following this period the penalty goes up to the full charge.

Full details can be found on your PCN ticket.

CCTV footage

CCTV footage of your traffic violation can be viewed either at our offices or we can send you the footage by post for free.

To view the footage or request for it be sent by post please send your PCN number which begins with 'HR', and your vehicle registration number to us by email.

Buying a used car?

Find out if the vehicle has an outstanding payment for a PCN issued within Harrow via our PCN enquiry form.