Performance and Regulation

How to make a complaint and complaints performance

How to make a complaint

Following up reported repairs

If there is an issue with a repair you will need to contact your contractor that was assigned to your repair.

Contractor contact information will be in your email confirmation you received when your repair was scheduled. You can also find details on your online Council Housing Account under 'My Repairs'.


To submit a formal complaint about a repair with the council, or to complain about any other service provided by the Housing Department, please use the form below.

Make a complaint about Housing Services

Housing Ombudsman

The Housing Ombudsman investigates complaints and resolves disputes involving the tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities). For more about what they do, visit the Housing Ombudsman Service.

The new joint complaint handling code agreed by the Housing Ombudsman and the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman means that landlords are obliged by law to follow its requirements. The Code aims to achieve best practice in complaint handling and ultimately to provide a better service to residents. For details, see The Complaint Handling Code.

It is important to understand the difference between a service request and a complaint. The Housing Ombudsman defines them in the Complaint Handling Code.  A complaint is “an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the landlord, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting a resident or group of residents.”  

A service request is defined as ”a request from a resident to the landlord requiring action to be taken to put something right.”

Housing services Complaints polices and procedures, Self-Assessment and reports