Looking for a new home

If you are looking for a home, there are a few options available to you.

If you are looking to buy your council house, see our Right to Buy page.

Transfer to another area

We can support you if you want to move to another area. We can help if you are a housing association or council tenant. The area you want to move to does not need to be within Harrow. Find out more on our transfer to another area page.

Social housing

Social housing is property rented to tenants at a lower cost than renting privately. Demand for social housing is high and families with significant housing needs are likely to be considered. Find out more on our Social housing page.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing could suit you if you are over 60 and want to live independently. It is good if you need a bit more support or if you want to live in a smaller home that is easier to manage. Find out more on our Sheltered housing page.

Private rented properties

Private rented properties are owned by a landlord and leased to a tenant. The landlord in this case is not us (the council) or a housing association. Find out more on our private rented properties page.

Affordable homes and shared ownership

Affordable homes are for people who cannot afford to buy a property on the open market. A cheaper way to buy a home may be buying through shared ownership. Find out more on our affordable homes and shared ownership page.

Downsizing your property

If your household changes you may find yourself in a larger property than you need. We can help you move to a more affordable place to live that better meets your needs. Find out more on our downsizing your property page.

Domestic violence housing options

If you are a victim of domestic violence at home there are some options for you. See our options for victims of domestic violence page. In emergencies always call 999.