Grange Farm Estate is located in South Harrow. It has 282 properties mainly made up of Resiform flats which are a unique type of building involving the use of fibreglass panels for external walls.
These flats are expensive to maintain and difficult to keep warm. As such the Housing and Regeneration department has obtained planning consent to regenerate the estate and replace all of the properties with 574 new houses and apartments of mixed sizes. You can view the planning application online using the reference number: P/3524/16
The numbers involved on the Grange Farm Estate regeneration are below. They may change as the redesign work progresses through the later phases:
- Site area 4.1 HA
- 282 existing flats and bungalows to be demolished
- 574 new homes built (1952 bed paces)
- 216 new homes for social rent
- 25 new homes for shared ownership
- 333 new homes for sale
- 260 parking spaces
- 1 new community centre
There will also be generous secure cycle spaces, high quality landscaping, improved pedestrian access to Northolt Road, and a new pedestrian link to an adjacent retail park.
The timetable to deliver the new estate
Planning permission was granted in March 2019, with detailed consent for Phase 1 (89 homes) and outline consent for Phases 2 and 3 (485 homes).
Following a competitive tender which involved residents in the selection process, the Council entered into a contract with Higgins in November 2019 to deliver the first 89 homes. This comprised of 68 social rented homes and 21 Shared Ownership homes. The main demolition for phase 1 will begin in July 2020 and the construction of the new homes will start shortly after. The homes should be ready for occupation in 2022.
The timeframe for delivery of the rest of the regeneration is as follows, but this may change not least because of the impact of Covid-19:
- December 2021 : decision on development partner for phases 2 & 3
- June 2023 : detailed planning for phases 2 & 3
- May 2024 : demolition in preparation for phase 2
- July 2025 : phase 2 homes become available
- March 2025 : phase 3 works begin
- May 2027 : phase 3 homes become available
- Initial demolition notice Jan 2015
- Ground 10A notification letter June 2017
- Section 10A notification June 2017
If you would like more information on the Grange Farm Estate regeneration project, please contact the Regeneration Manager or Regeneration Officer.