EPP Feedback and Achievements
We are proud to share with you some of the feedback that we have received from people in Harrow who have completed the EPP self-management course. We hope you find their achievements as inspiring as we do, and that we see you on a course soon.
- The programme gave me real strength and made me want to get out and about more than I used to, even though it’s difficult for me to walk for a long time.
- I've started doing some of the positive things for my health that I have been saying that I will do for years, but never previously started
- It has been a great help just to be able to speak to people with the same problems
- The EPP course has made me realise that I can have some say over my pain and not let it dictate my life
- It gave us the strength we needed to handle our conditions, to appreciate ourselves again and not get down about being ill
- I'm realising I already have skills in me that I can use to help me
- It’s incredible how much empathy the tutors on the programme have with you. Because they have been through the same thing, they know how it feels
- It helped me understand that I am still worthy of moving forward
- We forget things when we have problems and challenges – this helps you remember what you knew
- This course is the best I’ve done (I've done 100s). People need to know about it. More people need to do this.
- Meeting new people on the course made a huge difference to my life.
- I have met lots of interesting people from all sorts of backgrounds, with all sorts of conditions, and from them, also learnt lots of new skills to manage my condition.
- I’m making plans and actually doing them. I used to make a list but forget to do it or get confused which to prioritise. Now I break it down and say what I will do when, and I do it
- I'm doing things and being active every day
- My blood sugar is the lowest it has ever been
- I'm using creative thinking to find solutions
- I’ve started swimming again
- I've lost 4 kg in the past 5 weeks
- I realised that “I matter”
- I’ve been able to help other people
- Started cooking again
- I've started cleaning out my loft
- I’ve been able to say “No”
- Started my spring cleaning
- I've been going out for walks
- Started painting again
- I'm doing arts and crafts for mindfulness
- Went cycling for the first time in 1 year
- Finally started clearing out my cupboards
- Started writing poetry again
- I’ve learnt to put myself first
To sign-up for a course or for more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 736 6923.