As a shopping destination Harrow caters for all tastes, from a large selection of well known national retailers to a range of independent traders. From arts and crafts to high street fashion, Harrow offers both modern convenience shopping and fascinating quirky shops.
Harrow town centre is the main shopping area in the borough and is classified as a Metropolitan Centre. There are a variety of shops, cafés and restaurants here with two large indoor shopping centres:
- St Ann's
- St George's - contains a nine-screen cinema complex
To find out more about the town centre, visit the Harrow Town Centre website.
Find out more about Harrow's local district centres:
- Belmont (website temporarily unavailable).
The council is working with partners towards:
- creating and maintaining an attractive environment
- encouraging investment to the retail sector
- making Harrow a place where people wish to shop
- improving access in and around the town centres
- improving the safety and security of town centres
- promoting environmental improvement, facilitating events and publicising information and services
Thinking of setting up a business?
If you are thinking of setting up a business, the Council has put together a local profile of each area, providing information on the local population, public transport access and the number and types of shops in the area. To find out more, download the relevant local investment profile of each area: