Tell us about a change in your circumstances

Changes you need to report to us

You will need to let us know if there is a change to any of the following:

Rent or address

  • rent (private tenants only)
  • if you move to another address within Harrow or move out of the borough


  • someone leaving or joining your household. You must tell us if a non-dependant (such as grown-up children and other adult relatives), partner or child moves into or out of your home.
  • a non-dependant starts or stops getting a state benefit
  • a non-dependant starts, stops or changes employment
  • marital status: married, divorced or separated from your husband, wife, partner or co-habitant
  • children's education, such as if they leave school or start university
  • addition to the household, such as a new born baby


  • state benefits or allowances or that of your partner
  • income or earnings, or that of your partner
  • income from tenants or boarders

Temporary absence

If you will be away from your property for a length of time, please tell us before you leave. For further detail, please see housing benefit while away from home.