Debt advice and financial support
If you have money worries, it is important to get help and advice straight away to prevent problems getting worse.
No matter how desperate things seem there are ways to manage your debts and finances.
The organisations below can provide debt advice and financial support:
- Step Change Debt Charity - provide debt advice and can help you create a personal plan
- National Debtline is a helpline providing free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt
- Money Helper provides the facts about financial products and services, helping you to make an informed decision
- Pensions Advisory Service is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions covering State, company, personal and stakeholder schemes
- Christians Against Poverty provide free debt counselling to all residents regardless of religious beliefs. They will support you to budget effectively until you are debt free
- Citizens Advice Bureau provide free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt
You can also check if you may be entitled to any benefits.
Advice relating to Housing is available on the Council website:
Cost of Living Hub
The Mayor of London has launched a new Cost of Living Hub for Londoners facing financial hardship. The hub helps Londoners access information, support and advice about claiming benefits, dealing with debt, financial management and mental health support.
It includes targeted information for groups of Londoners for example disabled, older Londoners and low-income families.
To explore the hub, please visit the Cost of Living page at London.gov.uk.