Regaining your independence after hospital

How much does it cost?

If our assessment finds that that reablement is suitable for you, We'll provide help for up to six weeks. It will be free of charge.

Your entitlement to receive the service can only be assessed by a council adult social care worker.

Our hope is that you'll be able to manage independently once Reablement ends. However, if longer term support is required we will discuss options with you. You will need to meet the Care Act eligibility criteria. This act provides the national guidelines for who can receive social care services.

If you are eligible a financial assessment will be carried out. It will look at your savings and financial assets to see if you qualify for financial help. An Adult Social Care Worker will guide you through this process. You can also have an Independent Advocate to support you.

If support is provided whilst waiting for a financial assessment, you may need to make a provisional contribution.