Council tax support
Council tax support is financial assistance available to low income households to help you pay your council tax. It replaced council tax benefit in April 2013. The scheme is reviewed on annual basis.
Who is eligible?
To claim council tax support you must be the person responsible for paying the council tax or the partner of that person. If you are a couple only one of you needs to make a claim.
The following groups of people are not eligible:
- anyone who has capital (savings, investments) over £16,000
- most full-time students - if a student is not entitled to council tax support, but they have a partner who is not a student, the partner may be able to submit a claim
To find out if you qualify please use the council tax support calculator. The results are approximate and are designed to give you an idea of how much you should expect to pay towards your council tax.
How is council tax support calculated?
For information on how council tax support is calculated please refer to our current Council Tax Support scheme:
Previous year’s Council Tax Support schemes:
- Harrow Council Tax Support Scheme 2016/17
- Harrow Council Tax Support Scheme 2015/16
- Harrow Council Tax Support Scheme 2014/15
- Harrow Council Tax Support Scheme 2013/14