Your child will start secondary school in September 2022, if they were born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011. To apply for a school place you will need to complete an application form.
National secondary school offer day
Offers for secondary school will be issued on 1 March 2022. Find out what to do when you receive your child's offer.
Children moving to the UK
School places for children who are changing schools or have recently moved to Harrow
If you have recently moved to Harrow and need an immediate school place for your child or you would like to transfer your child to a new school, please complete the in-year admission form.
The closing date to apply for a secondary school place was 31 October 2021.
If you did not apply before the closing date you can still apply for a school place. Any applications submitted after the closing date are considered late and will be processed in March 2022.
Please follow the information below to submit an application:
- You can choose up to six schools for your child to attend - see your nearest secondary schools on a map
- You can see how secondary school places were allocated in previous years
- If you do not pay Council Tax in Harrow you will need to provide documents to confirm your address
- If you live in a borough outside of Harrow you will need to make an application with your local council
Further information on how to apply for a secondary school place and details of school admission arrangements for each school can be viewed in our guide to secondary schools 2022-23.
Applying for a faith school place
To apply for a faith school/academy you will need to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF). If you would like to apply for Salvatorian college or The Sacred Heart Language college you will also need to complete a Priest Reference form. The forms need to be returned to the school directly.
- Salvatorian college SIF and Priest Reference form
- The Sacred Heart Language college SIF and Priest Reference form
- Avanti House Secondary school SIF
Below are some important dates for secondary school applications.
|1 September 2021||Application for secondary school opens|
|31 October 2021||Closing date for applications|
|1 March 2022||Receive outcome of your application|
|15 March 2022||Deadline to accept or decline your offer|
|26 March 2022||Closing date to submit an appeal. Appeals will be heard in the summer term 2022|