Applying for street naming and numbering
Harrow Council is responsible for the naming and numbering of streets and buildings within the borough.
If you wish to do any of the following then you will need to make an application:
- name a new development
- number a new development
- sub-divide an existing property
- change the name of an existing property or development
- change the numbers of an existing property or development
New developments, renaming or adding a name to existing property
If your application is for a new development, or to rename or add a name to an existing property, you will need to supply three additional names.
This is in case we object to the first name. Please see our street naming and numbering guidance.
How to apply for a change in street naming or numbering
Your application must include the following:
- Site plan, clearly showing the external entrance to each affected property
- Floor plan, clearly showing the external entrance to each affected property
- Copy of planning approval
- The relevant fee (see our street naming and numbering fees page)
There is a 28-day consultation period. If your proposed name is objected to then the consultation period will restart. Find out more about the application process by viewing our street naming or numbering procedure.