Pay your housing rent

Rent and service charge changes

If you have a query about Rent and Service charge changes for 2023-24 see our Frequently Asked Questions.

If you are a council tenant there are a few ways you can pay your housing rent. 

Pay your rent online

To make a housing rent payment online you will need:

Pay your rent online

Pay your rent by Direct Debit

The easiest way to pay your rent is by Direct Debit. The payment is debited automatically so you won't have to worry about forgetting to pay your rent.

To set up a Direct Debit you will need to:

If you cannot download and print the direct debit form, please call us on 020 8901 2630 to request a form.

We arrange for your bank to pay the rent every month on the 4th, 18th or 25th of each month.

We will let you and your bank know if there is a change to the amount you have to pay. 

Pay your rent by telephone 

To pay your rent by debit or credit card using the automated payment line call 020 8424 1220.

Pay your rent by standing order or BACS transfer

If you would like to pay your rent by Standing Order, give the council’s bank details and your rent payment number to your bank.

You must tell your bank the amount to pay and the frequency of payment, for example, weekly or monthly.

If you pay by standing order, you must remember to tell your bank if the amount of rent you have to pay goes up or down.

Harrow Council's bank details

Address: NatWest Bank, 315 Station Road, Harrow
Sort code: 60-10-10
Account number: 19245025

Rent Enquiries

Our housing portal is currently offline for redevelopment so you are currently unable to view your rent balance at this time.

If you need to check your rent balance, you can complete the form below and a member of the housing team will aim to respond the next working day.

Submit a rent enquiry

Rent information

You must pay at least one week’s rent before your tenancy starts as your rent is due every Monday for the week to come. After that you must continue to pay your rent every Monday for the week to come.

If you do not move into your new home at the very start of your tenancy, you still have to pay your rent (and you may have to pay rent on two homes).

If you are on a low income, you might qualify for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit to help you pay your rent. You should make any claim as soon as possible after signing your tenancy agreement as you may lose out if you delay.

It is always your responsibility to make sure that your rent is paid in full and on time.