Have your say on borough-wide protection order
We want to introduce a single PSPO to cover the Borough but with five distinct localities with individual controls sitting below it. The five localities are:
- The whole borough
- Housing estates
- Parks and green spaces
- Town centres: Harrow Town Centre, Pinner, Stanmore, Wealdstone, Hatch End, Harrow Weald, South Harrow, North Harrow, Rayners Lane, Belmont , Sudbury Hill, Kenton, Kingsbury Edgware and Burnt Oak
- Bentley Priory Nature Reserve, Pinner Memorial Park and the Viewpoint
Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO) are intended to deal with anti-social behaviour and nuisance or other concerns which are considered detrimental to the local community’s quality of life.
PSPOs operate by imposing conditions on the use of an area which apply to everyone. They are designed to ensure the law-abiding majority can use and enjoy public spaces without experiencing anti-social behaviour.
How the PSPO works
Breach of the PSPO is a criminal offence and if witnessed will result in either:
- A Fixed Penalty Notice (£100) payable within 14 days
- A fine or prosecution (up to £1,000)
There are no discounted charges.
- Dog fouling in public spaces
- Failure to have means to pick up after your dog in public
- Smoking in children’s play areas
- Driving over verges, footways and kerbs
- Urinating, defecating, street drinking and spitting in public spaces.
View more information about our borough-wide PSPO
Harrow Town Centre PSPO
- Use of amplifiers without authorisation
- Financial Agreements on the Street unless in < 2 meters of a permitted stand
- Placing of tables, stands, or other furniture or fixings without consent
- Feeding of birds and vermin anywhere in the zone
- Distribution of leaflets without permission or exempt for political religious or charitable purposes
- Illegal street trading (sales of any goods without a licence or permission)
- Obstruction of authorised officers
View more information about our Harrow town centre PSPO
- Parks and Cemeteries
The Council works in partnership with the police and partners to ensure the effective enforcement of the order.
Officers able to enforce PSPOs include Council Officers and officers of Kingdom LA support (with delegated enforcement powers), Police Officers and PCSOs.
Paying a Fixed Penalty Notice
A Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) can be issued for various reasons by either Council Enforcement Officers or by our approved third party for such offences.