Report a noise issue

Arguing or shouting

If you are experiencing loud noises from persistent arguing or shouting in your neighbourhood we suggest:

  • Having a friendly word with your neighbour about the problem where you feel safe doing so. If you are unsure how to approach them please refer to our 'top tips for approaching neighbours.'
  • Completing our noise diary sheets with dates and times of the incidents of persistent noise. You can upload the diary sheets to our noise reporting form. Once we receive your report, we will contact you to discuss your complaint and agree an action plan. 

If you have concerns about the welfare of an adult or child in the household, you should contact: 

  • Social services safeguarding team
  • Police

Report a noise nuisance

To report a noise nuisance you will need:

  • information about what the noise nuisance is
  • information on the occurrences of the noise such as time patterns
  • details of where the noise nuisance is coming from

Report a noise issue