Day nurseries and playgroups in the private sector
There are over 100 day nurseries and pre-schools and playgroups in Harrow.
Day nurseries provide care and early education for children from 3 months to 5 years of age, and are:
- open between 8am and 6pm (although some offer extended hours, opening at 7am and closing at 7pm)
- offer a range of flexible care options including full time, part time, morning and afternoon sessions
- are run by either voluntary or community groups or privately
Pre-Schools / Playgroups
Pre-schools and playgroups provide play time and early education to children 2 to 5 years old, and are:
- open throughout the school year for morning or afternoon sessions lasting between two and a half to four hours
- offer flexible care options including morning and afternoon sessions
List of day nurseries, pre-school and playgroups
All groups which are open for two hours or more a day must be registered and inspected by Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) under the 1989 Children Act. Inspection reports are available to view on the Ofsted website.
Families Information Service
Lines open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Telephone: 020 8901 2690 (option 1)Address: Civic Centre