We offer some evening training for childminders. These can be found on our training schedule.
We would like to support childminders with further bespoke training and would request that if you are interested in any particular training courses (see some suggested courses below) that you email [email protected]
Your responses will be collated and when the minimum number is met you will be contacted to arrange a suitable course date and time.
In order to provide bespoke training we require a minimum of eight attendees and the cost will be £25 per childminder (single evening training session). The minimum is set with a view to ensuring the courses are affordable.
From the forum feedback the additional training courses you asked for were:
- characteristics of effective learning
- completing a self evaluation form (SEF)
- promoting communication and language
- autism spectrum disorder awareness (3 sessions)
- positive behaviour management
You may also want to consider:
- involving children in designing their own play
- developing emotional intelligence through outdoor play (including building risk taking opportunities into play)
- maths gardens
- information and communication technology (ICT) in the early years – babies to 5 year olds
There may be other subjects you require and if so please let us know