We understand that these are very challenging and difficult times for many of our local businesses.
You will find details below of local support available through Harrow Council as well as links to additional resources.
Lockdown Support Grants
There are a range of grant schemes you can apply for from the council. These grants include:
- Local Restrictions Support Grants
- Sector Specific Grants
- Additional Restricions Grants
For details of all business grant schemes administered by the council, see Business Grants.
Other grants and loan schemes
There are a range of other schemes administered by the government and other organisations. These include the following:
- Bounce Back Loans scheme - Government-backed loans of £2,000 to £50,000 for small and medium businesses, interest free for 12 months
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme - The British Business Bank has launched the Business Interruption Loan Scheme. For details see the British Business Bank website.
- COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility - Help for large businesses through the purchase of their short-term debt (GOV.UK)
- Government Future Fund
- Musicians' Union Coronavirus Hardship Fund
- Innovate UK - Funding opportunities to test ideas and develop innovative products and services
- National Lottery Community Fund - For organisations supporting people and communities affected by COVID-19
To find up to date information about which government schemes are available, use the Coronavirus Business Support Finder.
Support with Business Rates
Qualifying businesses will have received a new bill confirming the extension of the 100% retail relief by now. To support businesses at this difficult time, this was awarded in some cases proactively without a need for an application form.
The extension of retail relief is only applicable if the business premises was occupied prior to 11th March 2020 (unless the unoccupied reason was linked to the Coronavirus threat.
Please note that evidence may be requested. If you still want to apply you can do this on the Business rates retail relief page.
Note this level of relief and extended types of property is currently set for 2020-21 only and will end on 31st March 2021.
If you are waiting for the outcome of an application, you must continue to make payments as per your latest bill until you are sent a new notice confirming the award.
If you have overpaid you can then claim a refund.
Pay it Forward for the future of London businesses
The Mayor of London is offering 100% free fundraising to help businesses to secure trade by pre-selling vouchers, goods and services. Find out more about the crowdfunding platform.